Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Cocoa Brownies


 Seth and I leave for England tonight and when I woke up this morning my head was full of last-minute details I need to take care of. It is now 11am and what am I doing? I am baking brownies. It doesn't matter that I made brownies yesterday or that I dislike brownies so much that smelling the batter makes me nauseous. I put some toiletries in a bag and then decided, "Hey, I have some cocoa powder - let's make brownies!" No matter where I am in life, I am a chronic procrastinator.


Maybe I am subconsciously ensuring people will take of our new cat, but that would suggest that I am secretly organized. Ha! Really I think I am avoiding cleaning the apartment because, eh, who enjoys cleaning floors? It certainly isn't better than baking warm chewy goodness purely for the enjoyment of others. I am an addict.

It's a recipe from Smitten Kitchen which I followed verbatim (except for the addition of a scant 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper) so I won't bother to copy it here. If you have never visited the site, this is your chance. Though I tend to despise brownies, these are pretty good, probably because they are less sweet than traditional recipes. You could even make them a bit fancy and add some creme fraiche and berries on top, if that's your thing. Or not. I hear most people prefer to eat brownies with the "inhale" method. I am not one to judge. Anyway, see you in a week. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment